丹尼尔·J. •莱恩股东 波士顿 email@example.com 617 226-3420
- 亚利桑那大学.A., 1978
- 波士顿大学法学院.D., 1981
丹在1987年至2005年期间在该公司执业, 之后成为GSI集团的总法律顾问, 一家在纳斯达克上市的公司，拥有高度多样化的激光产品组合, 精密定位, 专业光学和激光系统产品. 他于2011年重新加入公司，管理诉讼业务.
在他的职业生涯中, Dan has tried numerous cases throughout the country in both state and federal courts. His practice includes commercial business disputes involving mergers and acquisitions, 违反财务声明和保证, 专业的医疗事故, 以及一般合同诉讼. 丹还处理知识产权纠纷, 包括技术开发, 许可, 以及专利使用费和软件版权纠纷.
在GSI集团任职期间, 他还担任公司秘书, Dan领导了主要的项目计划, 包括知识产权投资组合管理, 企业收购和剥离, 中外合资经营, 出口控制, 遵守《lol竞猜app有哪些》和政府合同.
- Represented a laser business acquirer in a breach of representation action against a U.K. seller, resulting in the return of approximately 50% of the purchase consideration to acquirer.
- Represented an individual seller in enforcing earn-out rights against a major international acquirer, 结果是审判后被判800万美元.
- Represented the owner of a large commercial office tower in a claim against a national bank tenant for breach of maintenance and repair obligations under a long term, 单租户, 绝对三网租赁. 该案在开庭陈述前达成了保密协议.
- Represented the Special Litigation Committee of a board of directors of a national franchisor in the review of a shareholder challenge to exercise certain investor put rights.
- Represented a builder and designer of an ocean-going barge on negligence and warranty claims after the vessel almost sank during its maiden voyage; defendants’ verdict on all counts.
- Represented a 波士顿-based yacht builder in an arbitration before the AAA in a contract dispute involving design patent, 商业秘密, 商业外观问题. Our client prevailed on all claims and was awarded full costs and attorneys’ fees.
- Represented the operator of western Massachusetts high speed fiber network in a 28-day arbitration with the network owner, 马萨诸塞州的一个公共机构. Successfully defended against a $30 million failure to market claim and obtained an $8.就我方客户违约反诉作出400万美元的裁决, as well as reformation of the existing operator agreement through the end of the contract term (2023) on highly favorable financial terms.
- Represented a multinational athletic shoe company in multiple sports enrichment contract disputes, including settlement of claims during jury deliberations resulting in public apology and payment to client.
- Represented a company in an action for recovery of $60 million for breach of a digital holography development contract. Judgment for the defendant after a four-week trial; multi-million dollar recovery for defendant.
欺诈 & 违反信义义务
- Represented a shareholder in a fiduciary duty and fraud claim against LLC co-manager and officers who failed to disclose active M&A discussions to lender while simultaneously negotiating to purchase corporate debt and related stock options at a substantial discount. Confidential settlement reached after close of multi-jurisdictional discovery and summary judgment papers filed.
- 在竞争对手提起的欺诈诉讼中代表某收购者. Settled after two weeks of jury trial by plaintiff’s purchase of technology license and reciprocal 竞业禁止s.
- Represented a bankruptcy trustee in a leveraged buy-out fraudulent conveyance litigation. 经过七天的审判，结果对受托人有利, 导致贷方的8美元公平从属.500万担保债务.
- Represented a national senior care franchisor in a suit to enforce 竞业禁止 obligations against former franchisees. The suit settled via entry of consent order and stipulated payment of attorney’s fees and unpaid royalties following a preliminary injunction hearing.
- Represented a national bank in connection with the theft of 商业秘密s by a former asset lending group. 被告和对冲基金投资者以归还被盗材料达成和解, 竞业禁止, 其中, 永久性禁令, and payment of loan origination fees and attorney fees following computer forensic analysis and service of detailed cease and desist letter.
- Represented a multinational medical software company in litigation against an employer and 12 former employees for violation of non-competition, 其中, 保密协议, 以及窃取商业机密. The case settled on the eve of trial with substantial monetary payment and 竞业禁止/其中 restrictions in favor of our client.
- Defended an international steel manufacturer in a complex product liability action. The case settled on highly favorable terms during mediation after successfully obtaining access to plaintiff’s post-explosion causal analysis during discovery.
- Represented a software developer in a user interface copyright action; complaint dismissed on summary judgment.